Tuesday 18 August 2009

Daisy Days ...


I've been busy experimenting with my latest flower design and I'm really enjoying seeing what different effects can be achieved by making a few small alterations to the pattern or just by changing the colours.



I must admit that although I love the finished look of beadwork, sometimes I do get a little bored when making intricate pieces as they can be quite monotonous. Some days that's a good thing and can create a lovely meditative state, but other days I have to be disciplined and make myself sit down and finish something rather than moving on to the next idea. Although these flowers take a couple of days each to complete, I'm finding them really fun to make and they hold my interest as there are several different stages to them and they use at least five different stitches. I think they have lots of potential to either just be a fun bright fantasy flower or to look like a variety of realistic flowers such as Gerberas or Shasta daisies, depending on what colours are used - next on my list is a Michaelmas Daisy!

7 comments:

  1. I think they're great and I love seeing all your different color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theese are really daisie daisies!! Perfect Mimikry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your great comments everyone :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any chance you are selling the "recipe"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon - it's just been turned down by one of the magazines but I'll keep you posted ;0)

    Kerrie ♥

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.